Saturday 28 May 2011

Haul - MAC, Sephora and Lush



This week I did a bit of shopping.  Most of these items were picked up on Thursday when I did a bit of birthday present shopping.  I also wanted to catch the Surf Baby collection before anything sold out as well as Lush and Sephora coupons that I wanted to use.  All in all I am super happy with my purchase, although I think I'll have to hold off on any more cosmetics until after summer is over.

Click through for more goodies and pictures!



So I'm sure many of you know this week was the launch of the Surf Baby collection from MAC.  Ever since I first saw the swatches of this collection on various beauty blogs I've been loving Sun Blonde and Surf USA.  These were my two must haves for the collection and I was so happy that I was able to get them.  The other products that I was eyeing were the My Paradise cheek power and the Hibiscus lipstick.  After swatching My Paradise I knew that I could live without it.  I just didn't love the base colour without the overspray and with the overspray only lasting a few applications I just couldn't justify getting it.  As for Hibiscus I did stay on the fence about it for awhile.  I didn't even buy it with my original haul, instead I ended up going back the next day to pick it up and I am actually very glad I did.





Next I stopped off at Sephora to use my 10% coupon for qualifying for the VIB program.  I know that qualifying for the VIB program can seem a bit overwhelming but between my birthday (which is in November) and Christmas I managed to accumulate $150 in Sephora gift cards from different relatives and friends who all know about my makeup habit.  I saved all these gift cards to use in January since I knew I wanted to try to qualify for VIB this year and I knew that $150 would be best spent this year rather than last.  It was finally the beauty insiders sale as well as the ebates 12% cash back a couple weeks ago that pushed me into VIB status.

Anyway, with my 10% off coupon I ended up picking up a back up Urban Decay Primer Potion, since my current one is down to the last little bit; a Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Skinny Jeans after falling in love with my sample sized Creaseless Cream Shadow in RSVP; and a travel sized Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, a moisturiser I have heard rave reviews of for oily skin. 




Finally, I stopped off at Lush to do the shopping I originally set out to do: birthday present shopping.  I wanted to pick up a face mask for my friend and I also needed to get some more shampoo and face cleanser for myself.  I also had a 25% off coupon for any three face or body products, so with this coupon I also ended up getting a face mask for myself in order to get three items for 25% off.  I also ended up getting a conditioner since I would get a free shampoo tin with the purchase of two shampoo bars.  In total I got the following from Lush: Coal Face facial cleanser, Godiva shampoo, Jungle conditioner, Catastrophe Cosmetic face mask (for myself), BB Seaweed face mask (for my friend), a shampoo tin and a free sample of Ocean Scrub.


I will try to put up some reviews of the products that I purchased.  Most of the Lush products are repurchases that I love so I would really love for other people to learn about and try these products.  I'm also really looking forward to trying out the Clinique moisturiser just because of so many good things that I've heard about it, I really hope it lives up to my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment