Tuesday 7 June 2011

Just Knit: Wavy Scarf


I recently completed this wavy scarf for a friend's birthday back in May.  I wanted to do something a little lighter that she could get some wear out of before summer finally settled in.  I used an acrylic yarn and knitted the scarf in a wavy, openwork pattern.  The pattern that I used can be found here on Ravelry.  The pattern is originally meant for a shawl but I decreased the width of the pattern and made it a little bit longer so that it could work as a scarf.

I found this pattern very quick and easy to knit.  I was able to complete the scarf to just over 5 feet in under a week.  However, I think my favourite part of this pattern is dropping and unravelling stitches!  As a beginner knitter I still make a lot of mistakes and dropping stitches is usually a big headache for me because it usually takes me a few rows to realize that I've missed a stitch.  Then I have to find my crochet hook and try and figure out how to hide my mistake without ripping back all my work.  This pattern, however, is full of intended dropped stitches.  I found it a lot of fun and oddly satisfying unravelling these stitches, kind of like popping bubble wrap.  The pattern is also very easy to memorize, making it a pattern that you can knit on-the-go without carrying a printout of the pattern.

If you are looking for a fun and fast to knit, I would really recommend checking out this pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment